Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 28, 2024, 04:41:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bad News for Time Warner Users!  (Read 11021 times)
Delta
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080603-40gb-for-55-per-month-time-warner-bandwidth-caps-arrive.html
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:40:41 PM »

It will never stick.  They a)will need to increase their capacity or b)will loose many customers to other providers.  FIOS and the upcoming AT&T's fiber service will be better alternatives here not to mention all the DSL options we have local.

TW is testing in a rural area and will find it will be a BIG mistake before it even comes close to going national.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Delta
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:57:35 PM »

im waiting for FiOS, ones its here im getting it, i have heard nothing but great things about it

Also from what i have heard, where they are testing this, there are no other providers, so they are going to show just success with it... Which i think TW is just blinding them selves... They need to do it in a City, not a rural area...
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 11:24:48 PM »

Road Runner did that back in 2003 or 2004. They sent letters telling all of us in our Information Technology class that we had gone over the new 15GB cap, most of us got letters saying we went over by 50 or 80GB. At that point I left RR and went to Earthlink and never had to deal with caps. So I hope that if it is for only RR so I dont have to deal with a 40GB cap for a month till they get rid of it. Also I cant wait for the FIOS, the speeds are very nice upload wise. And if the cap does affect Earthlink Cable that goes over Time Warner I will leave them.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx