Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 30, 2024, 10:17:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: What brand of CPU do you prefer?
AMD - 3 (27.3%)
Intel - 8 (72.7%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: AMD VS INTEL (Dual-Cores)  (Read 23508 times)
virt
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 07:00:09 PM »

Yeah, I doubt a merger would ever happen, but I remember being shocked at hearing AMD/ATi merged.  It seemed like a good thing at the time, but rumors lately have said they're trying to get rid of ATi.

On a second note, Nehalem is catching a lot've buzz, especially with it being hailed the successor to the Core technology.  30% decrease in power usage for the same amount of power as a Core processor - or better yet, 10% more consumption power for 20-30% the output?  Integrated graphics processing?  From some of the previews I've read, it sounds almost too good to be true.
Modious
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 07:06:11 PM »

I'm sure the integrated graphics processing is to only help the GPU, its no videocard replacement.
virt
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »

With 8 cores and that much power all in the processor?  I doubt it, especially combined with Intel's integrated video/graphics support in their current motherboards.  While I doubt as well that them combined that it'd fully out rule the need for a fully-seperate graphics controller, I think they're on to something.

It's obvious they're trying to move in on nVidia and ATi's territory with this kind of tech.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx