Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 28, 2024, 10:56:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: highly interested...  (Read 27407 times)
Clarity
« on: June 12, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

in helping you guys set up the lans! i have tons of lan experience. and I'm willing to help with anything! Let me know!!

I'll give you my contact info if you PM me. Thanks!!
xo

Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:52:18 PM »

Clarity,
We welcome others ready to help out with the LANs.  Renegade is our head person and he would be the best person to address this.  Is there anything in particular that you are interested in doing?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Clarity
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »

Yeah I didn't read the main homepage- I just found his e-mail address, so I'll be e-mailing him asap.

I'm not sure if you guys have went ahead and made a myspace for NeXus as of yet- I could help with that. I could physically help at the lan events, setting up and such. Also, I could help plan the events.

I've always wanted to be apart of something like this. Smiley
Modious
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »

Eh, a myspace for a lan?
Clarity
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »

it's a great way to get more people into it. I started a myspace for a clan I created and recieved great feedback from it. We had 450 new members from the time I started it until the first MLG (2 months).
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 06:19:03 PM »

What is the clan you were talking about?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Clarity
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 06:26:30 PM »

Equal gamers.

www.equalgamers.com
www.myspace.com/officialequalgamers 
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:38:31 PM »

Well, hopefully you can find the NeXus group a fine substitute for gaming while you are back.  I'm sure we all look forward to meeting you.

Cyphis

Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 10:32:41 PM »

I know we have a Myspace page. Nexus lan is 27 years old and lives in Middletown, because LAN Lord thought it meant were he lived and his age LOL. So we could use some updating I think. Also Ive been trying to add Nexus Lan events to facebook and invite people as well. So Clarity are you still in Florida and moving up here in August or sooner?
Clarity
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 04:06:19 AM »

hahaha yeah definitely let me know if LAN Lord is still up for doing the myspace, if not, i'll be down with doing it. Smiley

I leave Tampa on August 12th, and I arrive in Dayton. Smiley I can't wait!!!
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 05:07:23 AM »

it's a great way to get more people into it. I started a myspace for a clan I created and recieved great feedback from it. We had 450 new members from the time I started it until the first MLG (2 months).
Yes I have to agree, myspace is a great place to use for more than just personal home pages.  Its good for SEO towards your main site too.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 05:21:35 AM »

hahaha yeah definitely let me know if LAN Lord is still up for doing the myspace, if not, i'll be down with doing it. Smiley

I leave Tampa on August 12th, and I arrive in Dayton. Smiley I can't wait!!!
Arrive in Dayton? I thought you say you are moving to Columbus, or you arrive at Dayton International Airport and drive to Columbus
Clarity
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 05:43:24 AM »

yeah we'll be driving back to columbus from dayton. we decided to fly into dayton because my family lives there so i wanted to visit them first. Smiley
virt
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »

I think Clarity would be well suited for helping run the console section of the LAN, in all honesty.  She's familiar with MLG rules and their tournaments, as well. Tongue  Just as long as she can still play though, because I kind've need her on my team. XD

And while I'm all for any one volunteering, be wary of the gas prices up here.  Driving back and forth to Columbus from Dayton isn't too bad as far as time spent (I've been doing it the past year), but the gas prices however are NOT something to scoff at.  It's only been real recently it's been hitting my wallet hard enough to make me have to cut back and re-do my routines a little.  And my car gets 35mpg.

Just my $.02.

As far as a myspace page, yeah - I've seen it done before for LANs.  It's a good way to promote an event especially if you want to become a staple in the gaming community of any particular area, and as previously stated, social media is an awesome SEO tool (if just for that).  You may also want to start a twitter page, as well and have somebody spamming stuff on facebook.

Just finding the time to update though is kind of hard.  You have to update as a seperate entity from the website and it can become trivial- the best idea for this is to find some body based on the web aspects solely.  I'd volunteer for that, especially for running a myspace/twitter page for you guys. Smiley  Seriously.  PM me if you need any help with it.
Clarity
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »

well thanks, virt. Smiley

If anyone would like to add my xbox live gamertag- it's xo clarity.
 Wink
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx