Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 26, 2024, 09:20:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brink  (Read 22827 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »

So who is getting Brink?  I know that Venus and I both have it pre-ordered.   

Some cool things about this game.   Your character lvls up no matter if playing solo, co-op or multi player!   I like that.   Comes with day 1 local dedicated server support.   They are releasing mod tools in the not too distant future as well.

Game looks very good, and fun can't wait for it launch on Tuesday.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 09:25:16 PM »

i bought it comes with a weapon scope tattoo and a mask for free and a free dlc if you pre order it
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:43:06 AM »

Bought it for myself and Crashgirl.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 02:57:44 AM »

If you buy it through Amazon, the bonus pack they offer w/ the game is the "Psycho Pack" where you get a scarecrow looking facemask, a fat oldschool looking revolver and a soda can silencer kit.
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:36 PM »

Has anyone picked up a copy of this yet? Just curious if it's worth getting. The trailer videos I have watched have been great, but I just wanted to check w/ anyone who has it to make sure.

Thanks.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 09:52:20 PM »

Jeff, Ron, Rod, DD, and Myself all have it so far.

Its a good game.  Game play etc it nothing like COD, and its a VERY team based game.   If your a run an gun type you will die fast and alot in this game.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 12:25:59 AM »

Cool. Thanks. The story behind it appealed to me and it seemed like something a little different. The COD games are just getting too cookie cutter-ish and more like xerox copy re-hashes of the previous game. That's just my opinion, of course.  Grin
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 05:14:41 AM »

Honestly I do not know what to think of the game.  I do like the focus on how importance of play as a team is, but I can not get over the graphics.  They are so uhm how can I put this?.... uhm so 2002ish (if not earlier).  Depending on the map, Quake 3 had even better graphics Smiley  Actually it feels like the original HALO. Though gettting 200FPS in a new game was fun to see.  And unfortuantely it seems so obviously a console port... (a first gen XBOX port at that).

Now with all that said, admittedly I only did the 1st campaign mission and have not tried MP yet, but the campaign is basically MP with bots so I am sure it compares well.  But this is just my first impression, I will give it a some more time and see how fun/interesting it gets.

One good thing is, I am sure this would play well with my laptop with only an 8800GT card.  So if we do plan to play this for the majority of the time at the next mini-lan, I might just only bring it.

[TC] Action
virt
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:14:02 AM »

Downloading it now. Smiley
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »

Its not old graphics at all.   Its an art style that has not been seen in PC games in a while.   It is very similar to borderlands in the art style.    I think its much better then halo or 2002 graphics IMO.   If your a run an gun type of player you will HATE this game.  If you like team based gaming your will like it.

So far I like it.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »

Borderlands graphics IMO are better.  This type of graphics is just not my cup of tea but maybe it will grow on me.  I know one thing you probably will not need a beefy machine to play this.

[TC] Action
virt
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »

Aaand Brink won't run on my system!  Been trying to play all morning but I've not been able to run it but it just keeps crashing at start up without even telling me where the error is.

I've done everything I can think of (Updating Drivers, reinstalling)...   Steam has an 8 page post on the issue and a lot on the Bethesda forums page, so I'm not the only one running into it.  They keep saying "Give us time" but this is a pretty huge bug to not catch before release. lol
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 06:35:53 PM »

Yikes! Sounds like another one to pass on, I guess.
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »

Much like anything, its all about the experience. Or, maybe what you bring to the experience.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/05/brink-for-pc-runs-great-plays-well-online-is-a-ton-of-fun.ars

The above is high praise for the pc version over Xbox 360.

I have to admit I not too patient and get killed a lot against the dumb AI. Serves me right. Will need to give co-op and multi a go soon. I suggest a Brink channel be added to Mumble at some point. No rush. All interested people should plan for a time to game and do co-op and multi. Dave, you mentioned you would set up a server? If so then we can meet up on it and get our Brink on.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »

Much like anything, its all about the experience. Or, maybe what you bring to the experience.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/05/brink-for-pc-runs-great-plays-well-online-is-a-ton-of-fun.ars

The above is high praise for the pc version over Xbox 360.

I have to admit I not too patient and get killed a lot against the dumb AI. Serves me right. Will need to give co-op and multi a go soon. I suggest a Brink channel be added to Mumble at some point. No rush. All interested people should plan for a time to game and do co-op and multi. Dave, you mentioned you would set up a server? If so then we can meet up on it and get our Brink on.
He is talking abou a local lan server, but yeah I am game.

[TC] Action
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx