Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 29, 2024, 01:50:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Upcoming PC titles...  (Read 28075 times)
virt
« on: June 19, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »

I'm struggling to find any upcoming games that look good to buy for the PC, besides Starcraft 2, and any time I hop on the PC anymore, it's to play TF2 or on the Quake Live Beta.  Keep in mind I'm usually FPS only, but I'm willing to deviate from that sometimes. Tongue

Whats every one got?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »

Ones I know of are Starcraft 2, Warhammer Online, Fallout 3, Space Siege (maybe cause I liked Dungeon Siege), and maybe Far Cry 2 thru the end of the year that I am aware or comming out.   There is Huxley but unsure on it right now.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 07:34:44 PM »

I've been waiting for a good action RPG... maybe Space Siege will be it?

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Infamousd
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »

MMMMM FALLOUT 3!!!!!1!!11   ahhh the memories...   Man I would so love to see a MMO for this series.  Grin
Modious
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 11:16:38 PM »

Never played fallout in my life. Nothing against it, I just havent heard of it.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 03:58:07 AM »

Never played fallout in my life. Nothing against it, I just havent heard of it.
The original 2 are futuristic RPGs based if I am not mistaken on the Boulders Gate engine.
I played them a few times, but never got to far in as they were not multiplayer and I am more of a co-op RPG fan.

[TC] Action
virt
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 04:39:40 AM »

I had forgotten about fallout 3...  But I heard the first 2 were amazing.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 07:46:18 AM »

Both fall out 1 and 2 came out WAY before Baldurs Gate so no they are not on that engine.   Fallout 1 came out back in the Amiga days and Fall out 2 in the 486 / Pentium days.  They are rather old games but awesome.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »

Both fall out 1 and 2 came out WAY before Baldurs Gate so no they are not on that engine.   Fallout 1 came out back in the Amiga days and Fall out 2 in the 486 / Pentium days.  They are rather old games but awesome.
Are you sure it came out for the Amiga?  Fall out came out in 1997 and I thought PC (and MAC) only?  Or were you just meaning it was back when Amiga was still out... though definitely going out the door at that time.  Maybe boulders gate was based on the fall out 2 engine.  I just remember them both played and looked kinda the same.

[TC] Action
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »

Yeah I was thinking further back to the beginning of the Fallout line with Wasteland being on the Amiga but in fact it was on the C-64 so I was way messed up on that hehe then Fallout was on the PC does not seem it was that new hehe thought it was early 90's was suprised it was 97 that it came out.   Fallout came out in 97 then Baldurs in 98 but didnt use the same engine.   Baldurs was Bioware, Fallout Black Isle both published by Interplay.   Interplay was the KING or RPG's back then!!!

I liked the engine in Fallout alot better then the Infinity Engine of Baldurs Gate.   Infinity was good but there was something about how fallout played I like better.   I have been a serious fan of the fallout series.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Crow47
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 03:32:55 PM »

Don't forget about Crysis Warhead, the next game in the Crysis series. It's supposed to be a lot better than the first one, with improvements in AI, coding, and storytelling.

Apparently Crytek has optimized it so well that it will run at full settings on a 2ghz pentium dual core, 2gb of ram, and an 8600gt. Now that is a huge improvement.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »

Don't forget about Crysis Warhead, the next game in the Crysis series. It's supposed to be a lot better than the first one, with improvements in AI, coding, and storytelling.

Apparently Crytek has optimized it so well that it will run at full settings on a 2ghz pentium dual core, 2gb of ram, and an 8600gt. Now that is a huge improvement.

Cool.  The graphics on Crysis are good but not that good for what it requires.  Other games are almost as if not as good graphics wise that do not require so much hardware.... COD4 and UT3 are good examples. 

[TC] Action
virt
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »

The UT engines in general have always been way ahead in their customization, and ability to scale back on older machines, but able to flash some of awesome graphics on higher end machines, as well.

Another game I've heard about is an all new MMO - Warhammer Online.  I'm thinking about ordering that along with Fallout 3 when I hit up GameStop next, even though I think I'll get Fallout for the 360.

Another title I've researched into is Spore. XD  I may have to pick that up as well.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »

Most of us have already pre-ordered the collectors of Warhammer about 3 weeks or so ago.   I dont know anywhere that has the collectors available for pre-order anymore sold out all over.   This collectors edition is really worth it you get beta access, access to the live servers 5 days ahead of the general population, all kinda extra in game items, added in game heads, art books, novel, cool warboss miniature for the table top game etc.

Usually I dont think collectors editions are worth the added money but this one sure is.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Crow47
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »

Speaking of Warhammer, is anyone looking forward to Dawn of War 2? It uses the same engine as Company of Heroes, and since it's been a little while since CoH, it's bound to have improved visuals over that as well. I think it looks fun. I'm a sucker for any rts that features fully destructible environments Smiley
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx