Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 26, 2024, 07:44:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: MW3 Settings....  (Read 34273 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 03:26:22 PM »

Ok so I have figured out the backwards way they designed the dedicated server for MW3 and have started making config files for each mode.

With that in mind the only things I know of for sure right now are 1 of the 3 maps will be Dom, and all matches will be Hardcore mode.

If anyone has map suggestions, good/bad, mode suggestions etc please post so we can take that info into account.  We will be testing and finializing the server settings etc this Saturday so post soon.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »

I have been playing a little HC today and it seems very Over tuned. One shot with any automatic weapon is a kill. I compare MW regular to BF3 HC mode and MW HC to One Shot kill mode. No aiming just pray and Spray. If others that have the game can give a little feed back let me know what you think.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 04:36:01 PM »

Played both and prefered hardcore myself as did Ronster.   Would like to hear others opnions though.    

Also the default health on hardcore is miniscule.  I can change the health setting to normal, something indetween and miniscule.   So the issue is health and dying fast that can be change easy but keeping all the other hardcore things like hud etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »

I do agree there. I like all the other options with HC but I think Health need raised to mid way b/w Norm and HC and Wep Damage needs lowered.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »

I've only played on the ranked servers which is peer-to-peer, and HC with the lag sucks.   I haven't tried a dedicated server yet as I don't like to play on the unranked servers, but obviously this will be the case for the LAN so maybe HC won't suck as bad.

I think domination should definitely be in the rotation.  I haven't played all the game types yet, but I also liked "Kill Confirmed".  I do NOT think Team Deathmatch woudl be a good tourny game type.
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 08:13:11 PM »

I agree about domination and KC. Maybe make the third map TDM or Demolition.
shocka
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »

Barebones....... Only thing it should be for a tournament....
myndmelt
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »

Will there be a server for non tournament play? Just wondering?  I haven't tried hardcore mode yet. I will have to try it out.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »

The mw3 server will be running all day, once we get to tournament time it will switch to tournament for that time then back on for free play.

During free play I will have it rotating game types and maps.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:15 AM »

diffenitly hc for sure and domination and probably a tdm and maybe a demolition would be good. no kill streaks just weapons
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 03:46:33 AM »

Well you definitely should have Kill Confirmed instead of TDM.  It would be silly not to have the new game mode in the tourney.  I would recommend it be Dom, KC and Search and Destroy (not in any particular order).  You don't want Demolition because of the often chance of a tie.  Hard core would be fine since it is not peer 2 peer.  And if it plays just like COD4 should be ok.  P2P HardCore is just a lag/die fest.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 07:23:21 AM »

Taking the Kill Streaks out of a tourney is limiting the game as much as just giving the starting weapons. But I do agree Kill Streaks are OP in tourney play.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »

Ok I found a reason that made MW3 worth the 60 bucks -- TEAM DEFENDER!!!  That game mode is absolutely one of the best modes.  It is not like capture the flag but there is one flag and your team must pick it up and hold it to get points.  This needs to definitely be part of the tourny. 

So I suggest Domination, Team Defender, and Kill Confirmed.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »

Taking the Kill Streaks out of a tourney is limiting the game as much as just giving the starting weapons. But I do agree Kill Streaks are OP in tourney play.

I agree, kill streaks is part of what makes the game at least a little fun, without them, you have another camper strike type game.  
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »

Ok I found a reason that made MW3 worth the 60 bucks -- TEAM DEFENDER!!!  That game mode is absolutely one of the best modes.  It is not like capture the flag but there is one flag and your team must pick it up and hold it to get points.  This needs to definitely be part of the tourny. 

So I suggest Domination, Team Defender, and Kill Confirmed.

I have to admit, Team Defender was fun.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx