Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 30, 2024, 12:19:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 8817 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2012, 04:09:48 PM »

The War Z Zombie MMO / FPS is on sale / beta right now.  Prices go up tomorrow.    Right now Dark Ego, Sgt Rocknrola have the game an love it.   Cyphis and I are considering getting it today.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »

How much, and is it something we'd be able to play casually and still have fun and get the good guns?
I want a game where i can but a safehouse fromthe mayor, protect it from zombies and other people, put locks on it, and not have to worry about people breaking in. Basically real life in a video game with zombies. And if i Die and turn into a zombie, i want my character name to be attached to it so if my zombie kills someone else, i should get a credit or something funny to show that i was part of the problem by creating more zombies!
It could be an achievement, be killed, have you're zombie kill another player...
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 10:49:29 PM »

I read it is just a PvP fest right now and the way the wait for char spawn system works is quite annoying... So curious what people here think about that who have played it?

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:23:46 AM »

Well, I just went ahead and got it since it is $20 off normal prices through the rest of tonight.  At that price, I can't complain even if I play it casually.  Besides....you go after ZOMBIES!!!!  Who doesn't want to kill zombies?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 02:11:38 AM »

Yeah I bought in at the 29.99 as well.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Ogre
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 02:42:01 AM »

Got it myself. Good for an Alpha but definitely needs more tweaking and features, I would suggest since you have to enter towns/cities to find decent supplies and a weapon AND its supposed to be a sort of simulator...If I was in that situation in real life you bet your @$$ I would be breaking a large limb off of one of the hundreds of trees available in the area. Big ole wooden club for Zombie-bashing is all Im saying.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx