Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 28, 2024, 09:47:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Interesting View on Gaming - Misogyny, Racism, Bigotry  (Read 6249 times)
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »

http://fair.org/home/videogame-bigotry-and-the-illusion-of-freedom/

Discuss

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Zebbe
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »

I got to this part of the writing and stopped: "which reflects obvious stereotypes about African-American athleticism." ...... Whining!, ..... I am done reading this article. Whining needs to stop, it promotes action. Action you more than likely do not want.

Racism exists because the American governments and the media support and want it that way.

Anyone born in England is "British". There are no ... African-British, African-English, ... no African-German, African-Africans!

But, here in "Kiss their Arses" America, the government gives them degenerating titles and they keep accepting them. ( colored, black, Negro, and now African )

If you are born in the United States of America, then you are a citizen of that country, an American. < note the period?      Not born halfway between, thus a hyphenated title African - American.

I am from Irish background, you gonna try and give me that title? Yes, I am very proud of my Irish descendant line, but I was born here in America and I choose that specific title. AMERICAN.

I accept anyone born in this country as a fellow American, nothing less, nothing more. I treat "all" with the same kindness. I trust all people unless they give me a reason not. I hope you do the same.

When people accept who they are instead of what they are, this will cease. We are all on this big blue ball for a once in a life trip. Enjoy it, together.

Zebbe

Zebbe
Moose Lodge #1645 Member
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx