Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 01, 2024, 07:19:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In the Cloud storage  (Read 7245 times)
twodavez
« on: March 05, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »

So we've finally hit the limit on our Free Drop-box account and are looking into purchasing some in the cloud storage. Is Drop box good, what about Carbonite, are there others that are reasonably priced to store short family videos and pictures?
We love how Drop box instantly syncs our smart phones when we're in a WiFi environment so that we can post to Facebook or whatever from there. but i'm sure there are other programs/apps out there that would do that for us too.
I'm only talking about 20-40 gigs of data at the peak, currently we're sitting at about 10 gigs, which took us several years to build up to.
Any suggestions or reasons you do what you do would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:17:34 PM »

You can check out pogoplug (www.pogoplug.com)  They give 5G free and have a deal to get unlimited for a year for $29.  Then after that it is like $4.95 a month.
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »

From looking at my account settings I can do the following:

Unlimited backup and 100G of cloud storage for $29 a year for up to 3 family members

300G and 5 family members for $49 a year

1TB of cloud and 7 family members $99 a year
spyware89
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 09:43:32 PM »

I've got dropbox, skydrive, and google drive.
There is a Microsoft Skydrive app for Android and PC, I do not know if the Android app can do auto photo upload like dropbox can. I know Google drive can via the Google+ app, but googles prices have skyrocketed in the last year and changed to monthly plans instead of annual, so I don't recommend that.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx