Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 30, 2024, 09:11:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: a ventrilo server for Nexus Members to use  (Read 10383 times)
LAN-Lord
« on: July 20, 2008, 02:58:49 AM »

a good friend of mine was willing to loan me a channel on his vent server for members of nexus LAN to use.  the info is

IP:voice501.counter-strike.com   port:4478

there is a channel named Nexus LAN for us to use, so feel free to stop on in and say hello!  btw i have admin access so if there is a channel or something that people want me to add let me know and ill make it. see you there!
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:35:33 PM »

LL, I see he has it named CS. Is that primarily used for their CSing?
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:56:34 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ventrilo isnt a huge bandwidth hog like running a game server so couldn't we just run our own no problem? I could probably even host one.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 08:05:24 PM »

It still uses a fair amount and the free version of ventrilo is limited to 8 people in the server at a given time.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
LAN-Lord
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »

using a low quality of audio codec it doesnt take up much band width... but using a cd quality 44khz 16 bit audio codec it takes up quite a bit...    and as far as CS goes..   it is owned by a CS:Source Clan member that am good friends with...   it is used for others than CS as well.. i made a channel named Nexus LAN in that server.   I am an admin so i can add and delete channels as i please.
LAN-Lord
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 02:43:05 AM »

i guess no one is interested....
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 03:42:24 AM »

i guess no one is interested....
Well no I would not say that.  Just not enough of us online at the same time to need more than 8 channels yet, is all.

I have a 24 hour private vent for when a few of us meet online to game, etc.  And I know Renegade runs one at times as well.  Mine is 24 hours because it uses my secondary broadband connection, which means it does not effect my main connection even in full use. I could put one on one of my web servers as well but just never saw a need yet as my local one works just fine.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
LAN-Lord
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 04:35:07 AM »

ok well if you want to PM me the address for your 24hr vent server that would be great i know of me and just 1 friend that would use it if you dont mind...  he stopped paying for his vent server so it is no longer up and running anymore
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx