Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 30, 2024, 04:52:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The WarZ Name Change  (Read 9219 times)
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »

Say what??

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/20/the-war-z-renamed-as-infestation-survivor-stories-is-still-rubbish/

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »

I still like the game.   Paramount filed a copy write complaint against The War Z saying the name was too close to their movie World War z, and since Paramount put in the copy write request 10 days before The War Z did they were granted an injunction against The War Z.   Instead of fighting it they chose to change the games name.

I am kinda surprised that they didn't try and make Day Z change it's name because it has a Z in it.

Still the same game, new name, new loading screens.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:02:05 AM »

they updated boulder pretty good added a lot of tents and a rundown safe zone that got over run. just got a m107 and a bison and a another gun called tar-21 something like that they kick butt gonna hang out here and get some more gear before heading to the military base to see the changes there.
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 05:20:03 AM »

I read in.the patch notes that they fixed some of the pyshx issues which was causing crashes.. I know this may help some people lioe cyphis that were saying they were crashing.

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
mstenger404
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:25:03 PM »

It still doesn't change the fact that it's a cash in on the DayZ hype.

I still regret buying it.  Roll Eyes
Ogre
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 12:57:31 AM »

I haven't played it lately, but it definitely has features Day Z doesn't and that opinion came from an avid Day Z player I know.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 02:13:50 AM »

I dont see it as a cash in at all.   There are massive games being made about zombies coming out soon, and they all look and feel the same.   Will that keep my from buying them?  Nope, and honestly War Z is a better game then the Day Z mod.  Now the Day Z standalone looks to be WAY better then then mod and I will get that once it's released.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
evildoer
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »

It's a new genre, survival games.

Day Z might get a lot of credit, but that doesn't mean it's a good game.

Day Z and War Z/Infestation are hack jobs compared to what we will see in the near future.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx