Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 29, 2024, 10:19:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Age Of Conan  (Read 30334 times)
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2008, 04:28:09 AM »

Hey, is anyone out there running in the Beta of Age of Conan.  I can't say I was all that thrilled at first when I heard of it, but looking at their website, there is a lot of nice looking things in the game.

Anyone playing the Beta?  If so, how is it?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »

I saw that Venus was in it. Haven't heard of anyone else though. Was wanting to check it out and see what it was like. Have heard 50/50 things about it. Some good, some not so good.
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »

I dropped out of the AoC beta only because it became unplayable for me. I was shocked at all the bugs still in the game with only a few weeks to launch. Then I snooped the webs and found a few blogs comparing Open Beta with Closed and found out OB is a much older client and quite buggy. CB is 180 degree difference from OB. I guess FunCom's reason for older client use is to stress test the servers but, man, not a good way to make a first impression with your potential customers. All in all it had a good beat and I could dance to it but then the record kept skippin'.

Venus

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 07:33:32 PM »

With how crappy Funcom did Anarchy Online they will have to really do a polished product for me to even consider looking at it.    I was not impressed at all with there last MMO offering.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Delta
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 02:36:37 AM »

I was in the stress test, but it being a beta, u can no judge how it will be when it releases. But from what i saw, the first 20 levels are pretty much a storyline/single player missions/quests. After level 20, u leave the starting area, and from what i know, that when the fun starts. The Open beta only goes to level 13, but i received an e-mail that everyone is going to be bumped up to level 20 and put at their races home cities, for all out PvP before the release.

But IMO the game looks very promising! The melee combat is very interesting as it is a new system. But to play this game, i do suggest having a higher end machine.!
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 04:05:42 AM »

What do you mean about the melee system?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »

The melee system and combat system in AOC is different from wow. More hands-on is required. On Torbold's BLog, he says that you realize you need Macros from all these options, spells, etc.. APparently, you have to click a lot.
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 04:58:01 PM »

Click a lot. Yeah, that was one minor negative. I lost many a battle because I couldn't click fast enough  Cheesy

Venus

P.S.

I will second the notion for needing a high-end machine. Intel dual core, nVidia 8800 GTS 512mb (SLI would be greater) and at least 2 gigs ram for XP, 4 in Vista and you are good to go. Oh, one more thing, the down load client was a heafty 13gigs. Install space needed was 32 gigs and finally settled at 24 gigs HD space after install. Whew!

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 05:02:40 PM »

Holy spaghetti noodles!!!!!!

Cyphis

Delta
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 06:05:59 AM »

yea when the game releases, it will be on 2 dvd's....
Infamousd
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 07:43:57 PM »

Well guys I thought I might warn those who are still on the fence about this game, ALOT of the stuff they claim is in the game is not functioning ATM. I'd recommend people check the AOC forums some before actually buying the game, or at least wait a few months for some of the bugs to be ironed out.

This game really should still be a beta...

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 08:00:30 PM »

Sounds like typical Funcom BS just like they crap they pulled with Anarchy Online.

Thanks for the update.   The next MMO I am looking forward to is Warhammer I have that one pre-ordered already.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Delta
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 08:28:13 PM »

yea Warhammer Online is going to be awesome
Modious
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »

I heard that the PVP in this game is dreadful compared to WoW and its all eyecandy.
Delta
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 01:41:38 AM »

I heard that the PVP in this game is dreadful compared to WoW and its all eyecandy.

dude wow is broken cause of the PVP...
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx