Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 29, 2024, 04:08:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter HD Remix and SF4 Strategy  (Read 11097 times)
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »

Found these for Rune, but I will share them to everyone who's Interested

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jul/08/street-fighter-4-strategy-guide-hints-and-tips/

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/27/super-street-fighter-2-turbo-hd-remix-strategy-guide-moves-hints-and-tips/

I was going to write my own, but this saved me a lot of time.

Warning: even with these guides, beating me will still be extremely difficult unless you Practice (knowing match-ups is required)!!

Since these guides are out, in the future I will dish out some pro tips I gotten hold of recently that I will say most don't know. (What footies really are, knowing/exploiting habits, etc.)

Stay tuned

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 09:35:47 PM »

Warning: even with these guides, beating me will still be extremely difficult unless you Practice (knowing match-ups is required)!!

Hehe I'll play you (and probably get my but kicked) but if I do, you know you will have to challenge me to some UT2004 Instagib on the PC.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »

Jell, you must not be online that often...This is all stuff I've read. Improved my game drastically. same with sf4. but you'll get to see what all I've learned in due time, right?

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:48:14 PM »

Hehe I'll play you (and probably get my but kicked) but if I do, you know you will have to challenge me to some UT2004 Instagib on the PC.

I am pretty nasty at UT2k4 also (if I remember the map layout).

Jell, you must not be online that often...This is all stuff I've read. Improved my game drastically. same with sf4. but you'll get to see what all I've learned in due time, right?

I'm not online that often. But like I said, knowing this stuff is half the battle... To be able to actually use this stuff if a real match is the real test.

Hence the first lesson... Footsies
the "average player definition (scrub)": the usage of low, longer ranged attacks to place the opponent in a small controlled environment.
Most used moves: Standing Hard Punch (i.e. Chun in 3rd Strike), Low Roundhouse (i.e. Ryu in every game that he is in)

The Top Player Definition: The usage of moves that have less starting frames (1 frame = 1/60 of a second)
and possibly more active frames (the part of the move that hits) than the opponent. Used effectively, not only can these moves place your opponent in a controlled environment, but it can give the sense that you know what he will do before he does it. Therefore lowering his morale and allowing you more leverage to go forth with your attacking strategy.

Most used moves: Stand/crouching jab (i.e. any character with a fast jab), low foward (too many characters to count)

Now I know the average player will see this and think "I don't have the time, or the motivation to think about frames and that technical nonsense". I understand so this is a way to figure it out, if your opponent throws out a slow move, you can hit the move with anything faster as long as it is within range usually (special moves might be different).

Technicial usage of footsies can be a little tricker, It really involves getting to know not only the character that you play, but the game's characters as a whole and some trial and error to see what move beats out what, what is their maximum range, projectiles, etc. So training mode (or a training buddy) is a big plus here.

So what can you do if your are a the wrong end of a footsies match?
The best answer is to reset yourself. What I mean is to take yourself out of the situation and begin to contemplate what went wrong and how you can come back. A good tatic is to backdash or a jump backward if your not cornered, if you are, use a  special move that could get you out. This resets the distance and allows you to retry footsies or something else. One big thing to put here, remember that the match is never over till it is over, and as long as your head is level in the match, you can win at anytime.

Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 05:06:13 PM »

will there be a SF4 and/or HDR tournament, or just us?

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 06:26:36 PM »

If the people want one, I'll run it.

Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 06:35:26 PM »

The schedule as it is now is posted. Go ahead and pick a time. Maybe a 2 hour block and put it in there.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx