Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 28, 2024, 08:51:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neato Network Gateway  (Read 15924 times)
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 07:25:57 PM »

Hey Guys,

Since i don't come from a compurter/IT background, just about anything makes me go, WOW. So, with that in mind, check this out...

www.untangle.com

Looks pretty cool to me. I just wish I had enough parts to throw a box together and try it out.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »

Yep. Checked it out. Not sure if it will work for what we are going for, but can test it out.
macros
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »

During the last few lans I used http://pfsense.org for the internet access.  Pretty easy to setup, good traffic shaping, and easy failover/load balancing of multiple outbound connections.  I'm currently using it at work as well, we have a cable modem and 2 dsl lines, I was able to push almost 30Mbit/s of bit torrent traffic over it Smiley
Crow47
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 04:23:52 AM »

I just may have to try Untangle. I've been kinda looking for something like this, but I was unsure where to start. Thanks for the tip!
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 05:01:40 AM »

Untangle does look really good.  I use Linux as my main router, firewall amongst other services but I have to configure and fine tune everything manually via the command line using IPTABLES. 

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 03:45:25 PM »

Whempys uses untangle, adn I have the iso's downloaded and looked at it via the VMware player also.  It is a nice firewall.  I have considered putting in on a PC and trying it out.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
LAN-Lord
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 05:26:54 PM »

i was thinking of using it as well... but i only have 1 connection to deal with... and i wish i had 2...   
s1deout
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 12:55:16 PM »

I played with Untangle and it has a bit too much fluff in it for my tastes.  PFSense is awesome as macros said. I have used it in the corporate environment as well and it has all the features you get out of the big guys like Cisco plus some extras.  You can run it on a WRAP engine or on a PC as well.

I can vouch for what macros said about running at the DLF's , he had one PC running it and it kept the traffic prioritized and flowing as we needed.

gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx