Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 30, 2024, 12:49:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alien Vs Predator and Bad Company 2  (Read 8946 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:59:51 PM »

We will be annoucing the date for the next LAN very soon.

In the mean time, I was wondering anyone is going to get the new Alien Vs Predator and Bad Company 2 games?

If they work and play well for a LAN, we might use at least one of them for one of the LAN's tournaments.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Fildy
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:45:27 PM »

Ill definitely be getting bad Company 2. Waiting to see if steam goes loco and puts a 4pack on sale or something.
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:20:33 PM »

Don't forget Bioshock 2(feb 9th) will have multi.

General DM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYbxhBrabg

Capture the little sister:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMCACvvcoJY

------------------

Knowing my addition to games I will purchase them all.

My prediction, however, is that Battlefield will have the biggest following due to the combination of crowds that loved Battlefield2 (and still play it) and the group that moved to 2142 and still play it...this one is likely to give both fan bases what they want. My biggest draw to the game was the immense virtual battlefields that one could explore most mulitplayer games limit you to a very small football field like space while this game gave you a site the size of 1/3 of Dayton to play in. I wonder if they will make a mod for this one that was as much fun as Titan mode in 2142, man did I love that mod. I have not done much research into the game but at this time my hope is that they reinstated the flight sim controls to the flying vehicles.

I love AvP because of the three classes (mine was always the high speed wall-walking melee of an alien) however I fear the lack of balance that really ruined the  original MP deathmatch such as the alien pounce or the predator's homing disc will still exist. Of course there were the other multi game modes where  you could have fun. There was gauntlet mode consisting of rounds of aliens against you and your friends (much like CoD:W@W zombie mod). The other one was a king of the kill mode that spawned one predator against a team of marines with the first person to kill the pred becoming that class.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 08:03:06 PM »

Bioshock 2 will suffer from the same issues on LAN play as all the other games coming out.  It will not have any dedicated servers, nor any LAN play.

http://aperturegames.com/listnews.php?story=no-dedicated-servers-or-lan-play-for-bioshock-2

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
slicknick
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 12:59:52 AM »

could always do avp 2000. its on steam for 4.99 so no reason no one cant afford it. Plus its been updated and patched I believe
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx