Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 30, 2024, 02:38:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bad Company 2  (Read 13576 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:58:02 AM »

I am hearing mixed reviews about the BC beta.  I have not had time to get into the beta myself at least not yet.  So to who all has gotten in, what do you think about the game?  I am a huge fan with the other Battlefield series and was really looking forward to this one, now I am not too sure.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »

It does not seem any better then 2142 really.  Nicer graphics, but it does feel like a port which it is a port from the 360 with some upgrades.   The level balance is way off IMO.   When you go in as a lvl 1 it takes a LONG time to lvl up and people that are lvl 2 will just wail on you.  It's very hard to kill people higher lvl then you.   The Game also seems to be very dependant on vehicles.   Seen many times that a good chopper pilot can win the whole game for his team by spawn camping the other teams base.

No LAN play, no free dedicated servers.   You have to play on the net and if you want your own server have to rent it.

I had high hopes for this game and just am not impressed it does not have the wow factor to pull me in an make me wanna play it.   

I actually have thought that maybe the only half way decent new war game FPS out there any where near worth getting is MW2 and I really hate that thought.

Tiny E, Cyphis and myself have all played the beta and none of us are impressed with it.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »

I got into the beta(purchased game through steam) a month ago on the day it came out. I put in about 30 hours of play time and found it as enjoyable as the other battlefield games. Knowing that it was only a beta, I was very compromising with my opinion. Sure after enough time there are cheap tricks to playing any game, I am happy these things were exposed in the beta rather than on the full release. (however some tricks can be fun...cartillary anyone? kamakazi helos? grenade spammer?) Overall, I had a great deal of fun with the beta and think this game is going to be pretty good. I was impressed that my dual core E8400 and GTX260 core 216 was able to handle the graphics. I am a little nervous that I may have to go to a quad core to play the full version (I had read that the beta was "toned down"). I liked being able to destroy entire buildings...sniper perch?...my tank vs the walls : ) MWHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

There has not been a game since 2142 or TF2 that has allowed me and my group of like minded gamers to really get into large scale games and get a great deal of playtime in.

I am waiting on the steam preload to start and hope by tomorrow evening to be deeply entrenched into the Full Version of the game.

The friend list name will be CyToG. I think I will focus on the medic class again.

cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:33:42 PM »

Got a few hours in this afternoon. Got me some dog tags : )

I LOVE IT!

Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:05 PM »

No free dedicated servers or lan servers? Wow, thats smart, especially after they went around saying they had it and Modern Warfare 2 didnt. I think Im taking a break from gaming for a while, its dying pretty bad.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 09:27:57 AM »

I have to agree with CyTog 100%.   We picked up the game today and played a long night of it and had a blast.  It sucks about the no LAN play though, but the code is there so they might and probably will add it later.  But we like it and had a lot of fun.  I miss BF2 and BF2142 and this was a nice refresher.

There are quite a few bugs/gitches though.  But I am sure they will get worked out soon enough.

[TC] Action
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 09:42:32 AM »

I agree, the game is a lot of fun, but sucks about the LAN play.

I hope the higher level medic guns are better though. Smiley
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »

I hope the higher level medic guns are better though.

They are so-so I am using the MG36 and am a few points from getting the final medic gun MG3. I have a hard time going 1v1 with the assault class better weapons. In a teamwork environment I do very well as a support class. I have been leveling quickly more because of heal/revive points thank kill/capture points however.

The all-class bonus unlock of the S20k (6 shot auto shotgun) is a fun primary weapon.

Cra2hgirl
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 12:00:28 AM »

Yeah, most of my points come from healing and reviving (and maybe a nicely thrown gernade), but that's how a support person should be.  I had forgotten about how much I like the squads. 
Dreyvas
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 02:47:49 AM »

I've been having an absolute blast with this game over the past few days. I really hope they do add LAN support, because this game would be fantastic in a LAN setting. I'm leveling my Assault class first, which is a little more difficult to level than Medic because of the massive amount of points you can get from healing and revives, but I'm still having a load of fun.

As a side note, has anyone gotten the Battlefield Veteran thing to work and unlocked the M1? I've had absolutely no luck tying my 2142 login to this game.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 03:03:07 AM »

Yeah, I have to say I have not had this much fun in a game in a long time.  It really brings back how much I enjoyed the Battlefield series.  LOL sometimes this game is too realistic, with the building fallnig down on you, etc.

If there is a LAN hack or something that comes out before the party, I will definitely see about running it... not time for a tourney but would be cool for a free play game.

[TC] Action
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »

I could not get my vet status to work...so I simply found someone in game that had, killed them, and stole their M1.

The gun sucks...as it should...when compared to today's weapon tech.

Dreyvas
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 07:52:49 PM »

At least I'm not missing much, then.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »

If you run BC2 as an administrator, it fixes some of the bugs.  I can now see pings when I search for game servers and I was also able to add people to the friends list.  By the way, if you want to add me, I am Crashgirl (with an s and not a 2).

We played a little last night.... funniest moment is when the building was damaged that it collapsed and crushed Action.  Sorry, honey, but it was funny.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx