Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 29, 2024, 10:49:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Made a purchase today...(29mar2010)  (Read 10533 times)
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:43:50 PM »

Today I bought a brand new ASUS G series gaming laptop powered by an Intel Core i7 720QM.

These companies sponsored the recent Nexus LAN event and in doing so greatly influenced my purchase decision. If a company cares enough to take interest in the LAN parties I attend then I am definitely going to take a greater interest in their products. Thanks!

Now I am going to need a bag to carry this new rig...off to visit the Slappa web site.

Infamousd
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:52:19 PM »

WOW nice laptop man! Hope it ROCKS all of your fav games!

I use my dell for everything under the sun and must say it is nice having a laptop to game anywhere ya feel! 

Just wish mine was as nice and new as yours ;-)
Dreyvas
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:26:32 PM »

That's awesome. I'm definitely considering a new laptop purchase soon, and I'll be looking at Intel as well.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:45:40 PM »

The specs on that sure are sweet.  Can't wait to hear your review on it.  Let me know what type for frame-rate you get on Bad Company 2 with normal graphics settings.

Do you know how much different the mobil 5870 is compared to the desktop version of the same GPU?

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »

Sounds awesome....  I may just have to get one myself.  Grin

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 04:48:27 PM »

Yeah, I was looking at something like that

I would want USB 3.0 and SATA 3. By the time I'm ready to buy, ASUS should have a unit with them both and probably have the OS on 2 harddrives in RAID 0.

More to your point cytog... I clicked on a banner ad for ASUSROG and there was a scroll of upcoming events with NeXus LAN listed, albeit its a few weeks old, but cool none the less.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx