Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 29, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No more game manuals?  (Read 10028 times)
Cra2hgirl
« on: April 20, 2010, 03:12:04 PM »

Ubisoft announced they are going to eliminate manuals from their PS3 and XBox 360 packaging in lieu of digital manuals available on the disc. The company calls it a green initiative, but that's code for a way to save printing cost too.  I am sure others are soon to follow suit.  It makes sense for digital downloads, but if you buy the physical product, will you miss the manual?  It's hard to look at a digital manual while in game.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 03:24:33 PM »

I wont miss manuals as the ones they put out now are so generic I seldom read them.  Heck been seeing 2 page manuals for awhile now.  All it shows is the controller layout can get that in game easier really.   So yeah saving cost no issues, and it does make for being greener when you sell a millions copies that alot of paper made, tree's cut down, waste water from making it etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:30:18 PM »

I read that as mandatory tutorials. Me personally, I always read manuals, and I keep some copies, but most are from 1995-2005. But, yay, more gameplay padding with tutorials.

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 08:02:25 PM »

I never do the tutorial or single player, I always jump right to multiplayer.  *blush*  So, I always liked the manuals that at least told what the key functions were.  As Dave pointed out, the manuals were getting pretty skimpy and some of the recent ones didn't even have the key functions.
330T
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »

i'm a guy whats this manual you speak of?
z0id
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »

I normally don't even use manual's unless i think the game is really THAT challenging which normally isnt. now learning skate 2 for the first time coming from tony hawk games, that took some learning ;|
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »

It's kind of like that other piece of paper guys don't know about, ya' know, a map! Smiley
Infamousd
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »

She meant E'manuel, the guy that does your gard....  nm bad joke...
spyware89
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »

330T, I am 100% behind that statement. I usually open a game case, put the CD key into my google docs file of keys and then scribble it out with sharpie and throw everything from the case other than the disc and the case itself in the trash.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx